Sharing my photographic enthusiasm

Sunday, August 3, 2014



Here is the making of The Long and Whining Road. I shot it last week. The name of the image is obviously a play on the song Long and Winding Road by The queen of soul Aretha Franklin (Probably my favorite female artist of all times). Anyway...

As I mentioned in a previous post, the inspiration for those images comes from close people around me. Generally from Dayly peace or from my niece. It's basically me exaggerating a funny scene that happened in our lives, of expanding an idea, an action or thought coming from them.

Once I got the idea, I draw it in Paint (as you can see in the beginning of that video). After that I can shoot the models and different items that will be in the image and eventually go out shoot the background. There are many tips and tricks on how to shoot the models, extract them, and blend them with the background. There's even a specific way of shooting and preparing the background.

For this particular image, I didnt shoot he background, I used a free stock image, but I felt the sky was boring, so I blend it with a sunset from another image. I got it from a free stock image site. (By the way I need to credit the guys from who I got those, I'll do it when i trace it back).

The key in composites like this is the lighting. You need to figure out the light source and process everything accordingly (Shadows, glows, model shooting...the list goes on).
The hardest thing is Photoshop, you need to know the basics, I'm still figuring things out everyday.

The best feeling is when I compare the initial drawing to the final image. It's Priceless.
 If you have any questions about how to make composite, hit me up on twitter, Facebook or Google plus. I'll be glad to help.

I'm working on several images right now. I need to draw.

I'm out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Disclaimer

All content except noted photos copyright © HnRM, Roger Marc All rights reserved. PLEASE ASK PERMISSION BEFORE RE-PRINTING OR RE-POSTING CONTENT. FAIR USE QUOTATIONS AND LINKS DO NO REQUIRE PRIOR CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. Any images or videos not listed as mine are copyright to their respective owners and were used under creative common license or fair use standards. © HnRM