Sharing my photographic enthusiasm

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Transition

It's been a wonderful journey.
To be honest,I got into photography because I simply wanted to know how a camera
This amazing process on pressing the shutter and immediately recording, an image, a piece of tme, a piece of life is one of the most amazing thing man ever created.

Of course when I bought my first camera, I wanted to do everything, I shot some macro, landscapes, portraits, still life, babies... well I tested everything. I shot events, seminars, wedding, concert everything you can imagine.

Yeah I was making money with these events, then I slowly realised that those events didn't move me emotionally, deep inside I didn't want it, but I was doing it...

All this time, I was going with that HnRM (those are my initials by the way) watermark, which was kinda like my photography name.
I was hiding under this "name" trying to take photos to please people, showing them I was the man.
I 'm not gonna lie, it was good for a minute. I remember feeling really proud and cocky in some ways when so called "professional" photographers were asking me what camera I was shooting with because they were blown away by the images I was creating. Proud because I was the new kid on the block with his small mirrorless sony camera.

I shoot thousands of pictures, then I began naming a few of them, the few that had life, the few that had soul. At that point I realised those few photos were the one that I really cared for, the one that moved me. Whenever I got praises for those images (mostly on social medias) from those that i consider great photographers, I felt good! There are some things money can't buy...it's one of those.

I stopped shooting events. And I feel free. There is so many great things to shoot out there so many ideas to convert into photos, so much art.

I shoot for myself now, the name will change, the watermark too, I'll go for something more intimate, more personal. 

Today, I know how a camera works, literally;
Trust me, when you know how those beautiful devices work, how a button press becomes an image that goes straight to your film or memory card, you become a better photographer! Nobody ever taught me that, I learned this Sh*t by myself , and that's my biggest accomplishment.


I shoot for myself, for my soul, with that in mind the result can only be great.
I shoot for myself,
I make art.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Disclaimer

All content except noted photos copyright © HnRM, Roger Marc All rights reserved. PLEASE ASK PERMISSION BEFORE RE-PRINTING OR RE-POSTING CONTENT. FAIR USE QUOTATIONS AND LINKS DO NO REQUIRE PRIOR CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. Any images or videos not listed as mine are copyright to their respective owners and were used under creative common license or fair use standards. © HnRM